YOUNG LEADERS INTERNATIONAL MEETING
Start: 02-01-2017 - End: 01-01-2019 Project Reference: 2016-3-IT03-KA347-009604 EU Grant: 21260 EUR Programme: Erasmus+ Key Action: Support for policy reform Action Type: Dialogue between young people and policy makers
The YOUNG LEADERS INTERNATIONAL MEETING project, identifying participation as one of the areas of intervention, aimed to support the participation of young people in representative democracy and civil society, and to support the involvement and participation of young people and youth organizations in the development, implementation and evaluation of policies through the structured dialogue tool.
One of the specific objectives was to devise or modify national laws that improve the juvenile condition.
SOS Europe, together with all the partners involved, using the structured dialogue as a tool for a better cooperation in the field of youth aimed at involving more and more young people, especially those with less opportunity, in the development of EU policies.
The thematic priority of our project was: "To allow all young people to participate in a heterogeneous, connected and inclusive Europe - Ready for life, ready for society".
With this project we wanted to give the opportunity to many young people and adults to get in touch with the organizations involved in the promotion of active citizenship and in the improvement of policies in favor of young people.
The project involved 48 young people plus 12 political decision makers or experts in the field of youth policies, for a total of 60 participants (including 28 with fewer opportunities) from 12 different countries. The project included a transnational meeting that took place in Ciampino from 27 to 31 October 2017 organized by SOS Europe in collaboration with all the partners. The activities were carried out with the most modern non-formal European methodologies of comparison such as Open Space Technology (OST), Focused Conversation, Future Search Conference and European Structured Dialogue (DSE).
The content and activity plan are based on the SALTO publication as "Working on Work for All" and "InclusionthroughEmployability". Each participant will then receive the YouthPass certificate. In order to share and disseminate the results of the project outside of SOS EUROPA and Italy and to promote the role of the Erasmus + program, a complete and complex dissemination plan has been implemented.
AFTER MEETING we have achieved the following results:
- the drafting of 12 projects to introduce a new law in favor of young people
- More 40% of participants in the next 8 months since the end of the meeting participated in other international mobility projects (including EVS).
- All partners continued to work together in future projects
- We presented the second edition of Young Leaders.
- ASSOCIAZIONE SOS EUROPA - ITALY
- ANAPTIXIAKO KENTRO THESSALIAS - GREECE
- MOVE! Murcia - SPAIN
- MLADIINFO SLOVENSKO - SLOVAKIA
- Foundation for Society - LATVIA
- Association for Cultural, Economic, Heuristic and Linguistic Cooperation - BULGARIA
- Psientífica - Associação para a promoção e desenvolvimento social - PORTUGAL
- Fundacja Global Wave - POLAND
- Asociatia Tinerilor Cu Initiativa Civica - ROMANIA
- EUROKALLISKIVID - ESTONIA
- Symrnes Ogretmen Akademisi - TURKEY
- Subtiluship C.I.C. - UNITED KINGDOM