Game-based Learning for Adults
Start: 01-09-2017 - End: 31-08-2019 Project Reference: 2017-1-TR01-KA204-046822 EU Grant: 136174 EUR Programme: Erasmus+ Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for adult education
We focus on the development of an innovative non-formal game-based education simulation tool to enhance and improve communication and presentation skills with a focus on entrepreneurship for adults and through play and practice, teach them basic presentation and communication skills, the objective on finding employment or become an entrepreneur so they can be applied effectively in real life, in particular enhancing their self-confidence in presenting themselves thus increasing their chances of finding and maintaining suitable employment and abilities to communicate in an effective way.
It will be an interaction game that makes the social dimension the main element of one’s mechanism. In general games which are not competitive can be considered interaction games, where there are no adversaries to beat, but where the goal of the game is essentially merely fun and interaction among the participants.
The main objective is to create a learning environment (game/simulation) which simulates the communication and presentation skills process and stimulates the development of entrepreneurial attitudes and competences of adults. As the main learning outcome of this game/simulation is situated in the field of attitudes, it permits the expansion of the primary target group (young people), aspiring entrepreneurs, to include training specific target groups; marginalised groups such as migrants and unemployed, are more likely to have self efficacy difficulties. Setting up a new partnership with this project will stimulate the exchange of local and international experiences, expertise and vice-versa.
As an ideal complement to the realization of the project, the participating countries will focus on intercultural learning and non-formal working methodologies development in a multicultural context. Major milestones will be:
- to design and develop a specific game-based learning method for simulation training of adults with an aim of encouraging their entrepreneurship skills;
- to test and evaluate the impact of a game-based approach in formal teaching and pedagogic methodologies for adults;
- to validate the proposed approach as a means of learning and evaluate its impact on adult learners.
The project will be carried out transnationally because the synergy between international organizations and adults, will guarantee the knowledge and comprehension of different cultural realities and stimulates intercultural dialogue.
- Aydin Efeler Halk Egitim Merkezi ve ASO Mudurlugu - TURKEY
- ANAPTIXIAKO KENTRO THESSALIAS - GREECE
- aydin kulturel gelisim dernegi - TURKEY
- Associazione Let's Keep Learning Onlus - ITALY
- Foxpopuli - SWEDEN
- Agena proje egitim ve danismanlik A S - TURKEY
- ARTEMISAWORLD, S.L. - SPAIN