USE OR LOSE
Start: 15-10-2018 - End: 14-04-2020 Project Reference: 2018-1-TR01-KA204-059710 EU Grant: 94165 EUR Programme: Erasmus+ Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices Action Type: Strategic Partnerships for adult education
The elderly population is increasing all over the world, especially in European countries. The most important reasons for this are technological developments in the field of health over the last 20 years, the development of healthier living conditions, the increase in education and the development of health services. With significantly declining mortality rates, people live longer and there is an overall decline in birth rates in developed countries.
Depending on the stress of daily life, Alzheimer's disease, especially in those 65 years and older, is rapidly increasing on a global scale. Direct treatment of Alzheimer's disease is not possible. During the onset of the disease, various exercises, cognative, social and cultural activities are all precautionary measures that can be taken to slow the progression of the disease. Cognative activities that exercise thinking and memory skills have positive effects on psychology and the general over all improvement in people’s performance
The USE IT OR LOSE IT project aims to prevent and draw attention to Alzheimer's disease by developing innovative practices and implementing co-operative initiatives, mutual learning and exchnage experiences to promote cooperation at the European level. Specific Objectives of the project;
- Prevention and awareness of Alzheimer’s and the early onset of the disease.
- To İncrease awarness and draw attention to Alzheimer's disease at local, national and international level.
- Creating an activity book (occupational therapy guide) for local and Europe-wide usage to assist in the improvement of memory in Altzheimer’s patients and those with early onset dementia.
- To establish co-operation and partnership at the European level.
Within the scope of the Erasmus + Strategic Partnership Program, it is aimed to establish a guidebook for occupational therapy and treatment of Alzheimer's patients and their families. It will be a guide for patients with the onset of Alzheimer's outlining what activities can be performed to combat the disease, beneficial nutrition, what care and responsibilities the family can provide and which social activities will be effective in combating Alzheimer's. The guidebook will be translated in several languages, primarily English ,the languages of the partners moreover Arabic for Syrian refugees. The activities in the guidebook will be used in the occupational therapy rooms of local nursing homes which belong to our institution that provide services for the elderly directed by an occupational therapist. Furthermore, Partners will use this guidebook in Europe.
Our Project partners are Kahramanmaras Family and Social Policies Provincial Directorate, Kahramanmaras Sutcu Imam Health Services University, Alzheimer Bulgaria Association (Bulgaria) , SSW Collegium Balticum(Polond), Anaptyxıako Kentro Thessalıas (Greece), International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development (Italy)
- Kahramanmaras Metropolitan Municipality - TURKEY
- ANAPTIXIAKO KENTRO THESSALIAS - GREECE
- KAHRAMANMARAS SUTCU IMAM UNIVERSITESI - TURKEY
- Kahramanmaras Aile Calisma ve Sosyal Hizmetler il Müdürlügü - TURKEY
- CENTRO INTERNAZIONALE PER LA PROMOZIONE DELL'EDUCAZIONE E LO SVILUPPO ASSOCIAZIONE - ITALY
- гражданско сдружение Алцхаймер България - BULGARIA
- Szczecinska Szkola Wyzsza Collegium Balticum - POLAND