Creativity tools to empower NEET´s on entrepreneurship
Start: 01-05-2021 - End: 30-04-2023
Project Reference: 2020-1-IT03-KA227-YOU-020559
EU Grant: 61760 EUR
Key Action: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
Action Type: Partnerships for Creativity
Non-formal education and learning has an important role to play in responding to youth unemployment. This is because it supports development by helping to transform young peoples’ potential, creativity, talents, initiative and social responsibility, through the acquisition of related knowledge, skills, attitudes and values.
The purpose of youth workers is not to provide jobs but engagement in the wide variety of personal and social development activities that it offers, helps young people to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are frequently said to be needed in the labour market.
In this way youth work contributes to closing the gap between the competences acquired by NEET´s and the needs of the labour market.
The COVID-19 crisis has turned from a global health crisis into a severe economic crisis. The policy responses taken to fight the pandemic have resulted in economic shutdown, leaving millions out of work, with young people, women and less-skilled people worst affected. That is why, this project responds to reality and offers the necessary creativity tools to our NEET to be able to find alternatives for employment and a good way to the development of necessary creaticity skills for life, either professionally or personally, and giving tangible options to develop projects that allow NEET to launch their business idea.
This Erasmus project aims to exchange good practice between partners and train youth workers to support, motivate and address better to NEETs’ needs, namely: the need to break the cycle of isolation/social exclusion; lack of motivation to become an active entrepreneur; lack of self-awareness of their passions/talents and, even, the low self-esteem and lack of key-skills that are required to take an initiative to create their own business. Therefore, the objectives of the project are:
- To introduce the concept and potential benefits of social entrepreneurship to youths facing social exclusion due to low skills and unemployment (NEETs).
- To map and collect information on NEETs situation along with examples of best practices of young entrepreneurs to create a Ebook.
- To promote the exchange of good practices among partners on social entrepreneurship , strengthening cross-cooperation and a multidisciplinary approach.
- To professionalize and competence development of youth workers, supporting the acquisition of skills through non-formal and informal educational, to train and guidance NEETs with regard to the necessary skills NEET need in order to compete effectively in the business environment.
- To support labour market inclusion of European youth not in employment, education or training (NEETs) through a training path that gives knowledge and new creativity entrepreneurial skills.
- To provide entities with creativity tools and methods to involve NEET´s on social entrepreneurship.
- To foster quality improvements in youth work, in particular through enhanced cooperation between entities in the youth field and other stakeholders.
- To raising awareness and motivate the NEETs about entrepreneurship through local awareness activities.
- - Entities
- - Youth workers
- - (NEET) youths
- 4 transnational Project meetings
- 1 Short staff training course C1
- 5 Workshops focus on NEET and entrepreneurship
- 1 Ebook of good practice young entrepreneurs
- 5 Local campaign for dissemination and awareness.
Target Group of the Project:
- COMUNE DI POLPENAZZE DEL GARDA - Italy
- Educator, spolek - Czechia
- Asociación USIT - Spain
- Arte e Cultura Sociale - Italy
- ANAPTIXIAKO KENTRO THESSALIAS - Greece