Developmental Center of Thessaly
Development Center of Thessaly (AKETH) located in Trikala is a non-profit organization. The organization is making a constant effort to contribute substantially to equal access to knowledge in the society, to promote sustainability, healthy behavior and to shape a better future for humans. One of the main objectives is to promote entrepreneurship and personal initiative, as the main way to help people get through the hard situation of unemployment that strikes many countries in Europe and especially on the southeastern part.
Certifications / Awards
AKETH is certifiied VET provider by the National Accreditation Organization for Vocational Training/Skills and has been certified as adult educators/trainers examination center by E.O.P.P.E.P.’s [National Organisation for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP)].
AKETH has been awarded for the implementation of its exemplary vocational education and training projects under Leonardo da Vinci programme over the year 2011 from the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (IKY - Greek National Agency).
Aketh is a member of:
• the Hellenic Association of Continuing Vocational Training Centers.
• the European Network for Transfer and Exploitation of EU Project Results
• the Drop’pin community -Europe’s youth opportunities platform
• EPALE membership community for Adult Learning in Europe
Our Vision & Goals
AKETH, having the dual role of Vocational Training Center and Development Center, acts in the direction of contributing to employment and addressing the wider social challenges, as well as increasing the competitiveness and development of small and medium enterprises in the region of Thessaly. In this way it offers young and adult career opportunities through their participation in various training programs.
To achieve these goals, AKETH is addressed equally to men and women, to people with high potential, but also to those who face (for any reason) the risk of exclusion from the labor market. AKETH follows the National and European Qualifications Framework for lifelong learning and aims to shift the vision from a learning process that is oriented towards the contribution of learning outcomes, to a lifelong learning process that corresponds to the labor market.
The main objectives of AKETH are:
- continuous training and development of relevant activities, such as studies and research, training seminars, workshops aimed at the development of education,
- actions to promote and support employment counselors,
- providing consulting services that combine: Design - Systems - Human Resources & Technology in all national and international programs.
The AKETH strategy can be summarized as follows:
- Implementation of lifelong learning and mobility programs
- Improving the quality and effectiveness of education and training
- Enhancing innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship at all levels of education and training
- Strengthening the intervention role in the development and competitiveness of small and medium enterprises
- Development of synergies between companies at national and European level
- Creating a pan-European network to develop a network of values to respond immediately to changes, opportunities, innovations related to vocational education and training.
Key Personnel of EU Projects Directorate
Head of Eu Projects Directorate